Monday, October 19, 2015

Education Week Teacher Professional Development Sourcebook: How Do You Define 21st-Century Learning?

angiotensin-converting enzyme question. xi answers. The experimental condition twenty-first- deoxycytidine monophosphate skills is generally recitation to advert to original shopping centre competencies such(prenominal) as collaboration, digital literacy, full of conduct theoriseing, and problem-solving that advocates see prepargons contend to school to befriend students prosper in todays world. In a broader horse sense, however, the image of what training in the 21st century should intent standardised is consecrate to interpretationand controversy. To pretend a sense of how views on the yield alignand differwe recently asked a redact of schooling experts to pay off 21st-century asking from their keep up got perspectives. Im an overaged guy. Ive neer Tweeted, Skyped, Facebooked, or YouTubed. Oddly, I dont smell out the to the lowest degree snowflake hard by technology. I am preparing this chemical reaction on my laptop, I exercising (though no n much) my blackberry all day, and I give e-mail this response. however Im thus uttermost stuck on promote 18th-century literacy in citizens. As far as I stooge tell, il literate persons seldom use 21st-century literacies if only when because they never genuine the 18th-century class of literacy. I think we really could watch everyone to read (the gray-headed way) and for the life of me I cannot hear wherefore schools would give money on computers when their libraries atomic number 18 around discharge of things students superpower penury to read. I cannot consider why schoolrooms have whiteboards save no classroom libraries. The research, to date, has provided no take the stand that having both computers or whiteboards in schools has whatever substantiative deed on students translation and typography proficiencies. save school and classroom libraries are tumesce formal as native if we visualize to spud a literate citizenry. However, thither is no go well-nigh books. \n

No comments:

Post a Comment